INDUSTRIAL INTERNET OF THINGS (I IOT) & HEALTHCARE
What is the I IOT-What does UFI provide to enable secure code development?
It is an attitudinal sea change internally and externally for many industries globally.
Those industries involved foremost are in health care, all types of manufacturing, petro-chemicals, refineries, pharmaceuticals, power grid and power generation, and over time, many non-traditional industries will use the I IOT for their purposes-all acting not only for the economies of scale, increased productivity, and profits, but also for growing needs of populations globally.
Ancillary industries will also be affected, due to the interconnectedness of global trade, and globalization, at ever increasing and rising trajectory.
The I IOT, and its global adoption, will be a paradigm growth phenomenon, the likes of which will alter the way future generations live, and for the next 20 years, adding $15-20 trillion to global GDP.
Concepts and actions Involved, and more to be surfaced are:
- Secure re-configurations of existing systems and networks, increasing the need for bug free code, and malware freedom,
- Re-assessing legacy code to insure, that the future code is built on solid architecture,
- Highly disruptive thinking and potential H.R. issues,
- Enormous job creation, for future work places, and tele-commuting, and cyber security,
- Reconfiguring of factories, plant layouts, to accommodate new creative and highly efficient use of scarce resources,
- Clean factories, with low or no emissions,
- Change management along with resistance potentially both internal and external among stakeholders and potentially- customers,
- Unforeseen and unintended consequences,
- Vulnerabilities of networks â€“ systems both existing, and new platforms yet to be created,
- Disruption and probable dissolution of â€śSilosâ€ť, at many companiesâ€™ culture,
- Far more collaborative thinking and multi-disciplinary projects, including far more C-Level involvement than previously seen,
- New and more complex metrics, and KPIâ€™s required to create new Big Data innovative Dash boards, never seen before,
- Outcome orientation of systemsâ€™ work leading to results,
- Corporate, government collaborative undertakings, sharing the results for the greater good of mankind.
â€śIf one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.â€ť
â€śIf you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.â€ť
– Henry David Thoreau